Ocean Marine Insurance Clauses (Frozen Products)
I. Scope of Cover
This insurance is classified into Risks for Frozen Products and All Risks for Frozen Products and shall be liable for loss of or damage to the insured goods according to the conditions of the risks covered under the Policy.
1. Risks for Frozen Products:
(l) Deterioration or loss of or damage to the insured goods caused in the course of transit by natural calamities - heavy weather, lightning, tsunami, earthquake, flood or by accidents - grounding, stranding, sinking or collision of the carrying conveyance or contact with floating ice or other substance or fire or explosion or stoppage of refrigerating machinery for more than 24 consecutive hours.
(2) Partial or total loss arising from the falling of entire package or packages into sea during loading, unloading or transhipment.
(3) Reasonable cost incurred by the Insured in salvaging the goods or averting or minimizing a loss recoverable under this insurance, provided that such cost shall not exceed the sum insured of the goods so saved.
(4) Losses attributable to discharge of the insured goods at the port of distress following a sea peril as well as special charges arising from loading, warehousing and forwarding of the goods at an intermediate port of call or refuge.
(5) Sacrifice in and contribution to General Average and Salvage Charges.
(6) Such proportion of losses sustained by the shipowners as is to be reimbursed by the cargo owners under the Contract of Affreightment "Both to Blame Collision" Clause.
2. All Risks for Frozen Products:
Aside from the risks covered under the aforesaid Risks for Frozen Products, this Insurance also covers deterioration or loss of or damage to the insured goods arising from external causes in the course of transit.
This Insurance does not cover:
l. Loss or damage caused by the intentional act or fault of the Insured.
2. Loss or damage falling under the liability of the consignor.
3. Deterioration of the insured goods caused by the failure in any stage of transit to store or stow the said goods in warehouse or in the carrying conveyance provided with refrigeration installation or in insulated space in conveyance.
4. Deterioration or loss of or damage to the insured good arising from failure to keep the goods in good condition, including improper dressing and wrapping and/or packing, failure to comply with the freezing standard and bone taint at the time of commencement of this insurance.
5. Loss or damage arising from normal loss, inherent vice or nature of the insured goods, loss of market and/or delay in transit and any expense arising therefrom.
6. Risks and liabilities covered and excluded by the Ocean Marine Cargo War Risk Clause and Strikes, Riot and Civil Commotion Clauses of the insurer.